No Monkeying Around


This is my theme during testing. This sign is posted in the hallway surrounded by monkeys and bananas made by my students.  On each banana, they write something they have learned this year. Take a look.






Click the picture below to grab a copy of the poster.



Click here to grab a copy of the patterns to create your own monkeys and bananas. (The pages look blank in Google Docs, but when you download, the patterns are there. I don't know why!?!?)





This is the shirt I painted to go with the theme.  I wear it the first day of testing.




Last but not least....

Everyone is greeted each morning with a banana (brain food) as a breakfast snack before our testing day begins!

7 comments

Dana said...

Kathy, this such a great idea! I love the different accomplishments on each banana. And that shirt is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Jennyfer said...

What a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing! We start our school wide testing in two weeks.

www.teachinginthecouv.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Thank you!! Our testing is now as well.

Beth
http://primaryconnections-beth.blogspot.com/

Gayla said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent!

Digital Diva said...

This is a wonderful idea, not only for testing, but for anyone who is thinking of doing a 'Hanging out in [insert grade level]' theme for the year. Our grades 3 and 4 testing is occurring in two weeks so I think I'm going to share this with those grade level colleagues.
Thanks!

Lauren Morse said...

How did I miss this post in April? My theme is "Morse's Monkeys." This is great idea! I'm sad I didn't see it in time to use it for a welcoming bulletin board for next year. There's always next year, right?
Just Add Clipart

Markisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to comment!